Describe all steps required to recall materials of a defective batch that has already been delivered to customers
1. Creation of sales activity to record the recall
2. Notification letters to customers that received the batch
3. Creation of automatic follow up activity to handle the returns of defective batch
4. Possible to process and complete returns during follow-up
5. Use of sales support functionality to trigger batch-specific returns processing
6. A report determines the addresses of the affected customers.
Advance Shipping Notification with EDI – Outbound
- Documents processing with electronic data interchange (EDI) encompass an exchange of business documents between business partners over EDI, which is typical for issuing delivery documents.
- A delivery notification is automatically created using the EDI file from the wholesale distributor with EDI for the customer.
- When an outbound ASN is generated for a delivery, the outbound EDI file (invoice) is generated automatically and refers to the sales order that was created.
ASN with EDI – Inbound
- Document processing with EDI encompass an exchange of business documents between business partners over EDI, which is typical for issuing delivery documents.
- A delivery notification is automatically created using the EDI file from a supplier to create a delivery notification automatically with EDI for the wholesale distributor.
- Extend warehouse management beyond the physical walls of the warehouse, enabling management and control from the time that goods are scheduled to arrive at the warehouse
- Demonstrates how to track the movement of trailers
- Provide inventory visibility with the receiving and shipping yards
- The yard can also be virtual
- Only trucks and vehicles are visible for planning
- Support both opportunistic and planned cross-docking content, with and without handling units.
- Enables efficient handling of materials and minimize unnecessary handling to reduce cycle times, inventory, and handling costs.
- Enables two-step cross-docking, where goods to be cross-docked are first moved from the goods receipt area to a cross-docking storage type.Goods are subsequently moved to the goods issue area upon release of the outbound document.
- With opportunistic cross-docking, the system generates a cross- docking decision during creation of transport orders (after the arrival of the incoming stock or release of the outgoing document).
Supports standard transportation management functionality, including transportation planning, transportation execution monitoring, transportation cost calculation, and settlement so that you can use an overall limit in procurement to control expenses.
1. Company issues a transportation-service purchase order that specifies an expense limit
2. Customer places an order, and the relative deliveries are generated
3. Route is determined, and, based upon the generated deliveries, a shipment document is generated
4. For new order placement by the Customer, you can combine both orders into a single delivery
5. Shipment execution is monitored by entering the finished time and setting the relative status.
6. After the transportation process is finished, a shipment-cost document is generated based upon the shipment document
7. The shipment cost is posted to the appropriate general ledger accounts.